Looking for My Shot, Episode 1
- New podcast focused on photography
- Inspired by
- Not even sure what the title will be
- Thought about “Randy Photos” for SEO, but I don’t care about SEO
- Might start with something like Looking for My Shot
- It will be always pretty short
- I am an amateur.
- I do it for love.
- I have sold some photos, but that is not my purpose.
- Typical photography
- Micro 4/3
- Small towns, especially alleys, brick buildings, suburban decay.
- Recently got a 17 mm lens and trying to learn to see things through that lens.
- In the past, most with 14-42 mm lens, but it makes me lazy with framing.
- I also like close up photography of architectural details and plants and flowers.
- Weekly projects
- This week I’m posting photos from a trip to downtown Indy, to the White River Gardens
- Used a 60mm macro lens for all the shots
- Background out of focus
- Ability to focus closely
- Not really macro shots, though. Just handheld shots, some closer up.
- Hoping for butterfly shots, but they were sparser than they will be later and kind of bedraggled
- Shoot what you find
- Plants and flowers
- Goldfish in pond
- Weird growth patterns
- Anything unusual: juxtaposition, strange composition, etc.
- My worst shot ended up in Flickr Explore on Friday. If you can figure out the algorithm for that thing, please let me know.
- I’ll post my week’s photos in the show notes, along with links so you can find me.
- Also, I got a nice shot of the bluebird that came to our feeder. We love bluebirds but don’t see them often. I’ll share that shot too.
- Look me up on Flickr. Not on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
WRG 4 (This is the one that made it to Explore in Flickr.)